To prevent the build up of rubbish and bags, please refer to the below guide on what rubbish goes in which bin.
What goes in the Blue bin?
You can recycle the following items in your blue bin or recycling bag. Please place all items loose in the bin - do not put them inside plastic bags:
· Glass (leave lids on glass jars and bottles).
· Cans (do not crush).
· Paper, magazines, newspapers, junk mail, catalogues, and wrapping paper (non-plastic/metallic).
· Cardboard food boxes and egg cartons (flattened).
· Cereal, cardboard packages (remove plastic padding) and food boxes.
· Toilet or kitchen roll inner cardboard.
· Plastic drinks bottles (keep lids on, do not flatten).
· Plastic shampoo and cleaning bottles.
The council will not empty bins or recycling bags which contain the following:
· Black bag waste.
· Plastic bags, cling film or plastic padding.
· Metal objects, shredded paper or polystyrene.
· Juice cartons (Tetrapak).
· Food or liquids.
· Yoghurt pots, plastic tubs or food trays.
· Textiles, clothes and shoes (take clothes and bric-a-brac to your local charity shop or recycling bank).
· Paint tins (donate leftover paint to your local community repaint scheme).
· Electrical items (take these to your nearest recycling centre or arrange a Bulky Bob collection)
What goes in the Purple bin?
Your purple bin is for household and food waste, and items which cannot be recycled.
Please note: you cannot put electrical items in your purple bin.
The bins are collected on a bi-weekly basis. To find out your collection date please check the Council website.